What is SEO ?
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
- It is a process to optimize your website content to get “natural,” or “organic,” results for the users’ search query.
- It is a set of methods for increasing ranking position on search engines.
- SEO helps websites to get organic traffic.
How Search Engine Works?
Search engines perform several activities in order to deliver search results.
- Calculating Relevancy
- Retrieving Results
How SEO Works ?
Search Engines such as Google have their own algorithm or rules to decide the order of pages to show for a search query. These algorithms determine the rankings of the SERPs based on various ranking factors.
Content: The quality of content should be unique, relevant for the search query.
Links: The links from other sites are called backlinks. These links help in determining the ranking of a site in SERPs.
Page Structure: The web pages include important keywords in the title, URL, and other meta tags and also make sure the site is crawlable.
What is Search Engine Rank?
- When you search any keyword using a search engine, it displays thousands of results found in its database.
- A page ranking is measured by the position of web pages displayed in the search engine results.
- If a search engine is putting your web page on the first position, then your web page rank will be number 1 and it will be assumed as the page with the highest rank.